Treating Customers Fairly
As part of our overall compliance policy, we at Veiran Limited are committed to treating our customers fairly in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Principles.
Our staff are trained to ensure that customers are treated fairly and that our TCF Principles are adhered to.
This TCF policy is designed to follow the six key guidelines as outlined by the FCA:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are target accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where customers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Our Treating Customers Fairly Principles are:
- TCF Culture – At Veiran Limited we put our customers at the heart of what we do at all time. Customers can be confident that fair treatment is central to our culture.
- Clear Information – We provide customers with clear and factual information, ensuring that they are kept suitably informed about our products. We make sure the content on our websites is clear, not misleading and in plain English.
- Appropriate Solution & Suitable Product – Products and services marketed are designed to meet the needs of customers and where possible, identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly. This is how our product is designed and how our systems work. We make sure it does what it is intended to do.
- Marketing – We market and advertise credit products to customers in a manner that is clear and compliant with current FCA regulation. Our compliance policies cover approval and legal sign-off of financial promotions where required, timely review of existing promotions and prompt withdrawal of expired or no longer complaint past financial promotions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Advice – When customers are in need of advice we refer them to the appropriate body that can help them.
- Customer expectations – Customers are provided with products and solutions that perform as expected, and any such solution is of an acceptable standard. No extra services are added or any fees charged from the customer for the service we provide. We will not lead the customer to any third party that will charge them an unexpected fee or treat them unfairly in any way. We also try to educate the customer and make sure our product is only used in the right circumstances.
- No unreasonable barriers – Customers do not face unreasonable barriers when dealing with us. This includes where the customer wishes to ask a service related question or make any complaint whether involving us directly or a lending partner. We respond promptly to any customer complaints where unfair treatment is concerned. Details of our complaints policy can be found here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible Lending practices – We make sure we follow responsible lending practices and are products are used as intended.
- Dealing with vulnerable customers – We make sure to follow our procedure for dealing with vulnerable customers.
We recognise that some of our customers may be categorised as vulnerable, due to either financial profile or some mental and/or physical impairment.
As a firm we pay due regard to the needs of all of our customers and do not exclude particular client groups but rather assess every customer or potential customer on their particular circumstances.
In dealing with vulnerable customers, as with all other customers we ensure:
- That any credit we offer to a customer is appropriate, suitable and affordable given the customers particular circumstances
- That the customer fully understands the nature of the obligation. We recognise that some customers may not have the capacity to fully understand. We will only work with customers who correctly understand the obligations being assumed.
- That our staff are trained to deal with customers in a fully appropriate way, treating all our customers with respect and communicating in a clear and friendly way, assessing the clients understanding and offering support as an individual client requires.
- That our staff are trained to discuss with clients their vulnerabilities
- That through our online application form completed by the client we assess the clients personal circumstances and determine whether they fully understand what is being discussed, if deemed appropriate the customer may be encouraged to consult with family and/or friends.
- The client is given as much time as they individually require to consider the financial solution which they requested. The client is under no obligation to accept any offer that is made.
- That where we deem the circumstances appropriate that we recommend that the customer seeks free independent advice.
We continue to improve this policy and practices around the principles of treating customers fairly in order to make sure that at the heart of everything we do, we are committed to being clear, honest and fair.
Any queries please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Veiran Limited, 64 New Cavendish St, London, W1G 8TB